Following Laura’s lead, here are my workouts from the past week to inspire some variety & meal planning for the upcoming week.
I have been doing the Smith Press machine and barbells more often inspired by Blonde Ponytail. She posts many of her workouts on instagram, I screenshot them on my phone and bring them to the gym with me. I made a 4-miler outside this week, improvement! It is definitely getting colder here and my running tights are getting ready for use, sadly.
Walking on the treadmill then Blonde Ponytail workout:
3 minute AMRAP:
3 power cleans 90#
1 minute rest
Tuesday – this workout from Unite Fitness
- Warmup at a moderate pace for 4 minutes.
- 80% Fast Pace @ Flat 3 min, rest to recovery.
- 80% Fast Pace @ Low Hill 3 min, rest to recovery.
- 80% Fast Pace @ Med Hill 3 min, rest to recovery.
- 90% Sprint @ Med Hill 1 min, rest 30 sec, 100% All Out @ Med Hill 30 sec, rest to recovery.
- 90% Sprint @ Low Hill 1 min, rest 30 sec, 100% All Out @ Low Hill 30 sec, rest to recovery
- 90% Sprint @ Flat 1 min, rest 30 sec, 100% All Out @ Flat 30 sec.
- Using Heavy Weights, Squat x 10 then Lunge x 10 steps. Repeat x 5 Sets. Ladder Down the Lunges in each set: 10 reps in the 1st set, then 8 reps, 6 reps, 4 reps and then 2 reps in the last set.
- Deadlift x 5 Heavy, Bent Over Row x 10 Moderate-Heavy, Back Fly x 20 Medium Weight. Repeat x 4 sets.
- Shoulder Press x 5, Bench Press x 10, Repeat x 3 sets
- EMOM 5 minues Weighted Situp x 10, then Plank Hold for the rest of each minute.
Wednesday -run 2.5 miles – treadmill
run outside 4 miles!
5 power cleans 50#
10 front squats 70#
5 push press 50#
had a good workout on Friday but I don’t remember what I did :)
Saturday – easy walk 20 minutes
Sunday – run
Meal planning week of 11/16
A few things I’ve made this week:
pumpkin cookies (skipped the filling)
Sunday ~out to dinner
Tuesday ~ turkey tacos and rice
Check out the recipe for the tortillas at the above link. Delicious! Tried them this week with an egg roll up, yum!
I wanted to try the short rib but we have ground turkey in the freezer and the kids actually like it!
Wednesday ~ Vegetarian rice bowls
Thursday ~ “Cheesy Pasta” and Masala Burgers – my family doesn’t really like quinoa so we are going to sub in some brown rice noodles which everyone likes!
Picture credit: PopSugar
Friday ~ wing it
Saturday ~ Jambalaya with cornbread.
Photo credit Pop Sugar
What are you making this week?
If you meal planning, how often to you change your plan? Last week we made a few changes~ the nachos were fun though!